In light of the report given and requests made on Monday, June 29, by Governor Doug Ducey, CrossWalk has adjusted our plans for restarting in-person worship.
We will NOT be opening CrossWalk for large group worship on July 12, 2020 as originally planned. We are eyeing a day in the middle of August, near the time when schools will open, as the time when we will restart.
The mantra that we have been using during this time period is “We want people to be safe and saved.” At a time when the AZ Department of Health Services is reporting the largest number of deaths and cases, we feel it is prudent to wait a month or so before we get started.
As I write this, I can’t help but think of the Apostle Paul sitting in a jail as he wrote a letter to the church in Philippi. If he had his choice, he would have been out teaching and preaching. And yet he was able to say, “Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel.” Philippians 1:12, NIV
To be completely honest, I want to meet. Like me, many of you feel like you are in jail when it comes to staying home on Sunday morning (as well as missing other activities). And as Paul wrote to Timothy (from jail) “Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, 9 for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God’s word is not chained.”
As we have said from the beginning, CrossWalk has never closed. We are still working together, sharing the gospel. Here are just a few things we have done:
- Purchased equipment needed to continue our live stream.
- Improved our live stream and digital experience.
- Produced weekly CWLK Kids videos for families to use at home.
- Introduced Zoom as a platform for group ministry.
- Encouraged small group meeting and “House Church” for connection.
- Connected with all members and regular attenders in the high-risk group.
- Connected with volunteers to say thank you and to gear up for a restart.
- Offered the Lord’s Supper in smaller group gatherings.
For the month of July we will still be active. We encourage you to:
- Connect with other CrossWalk members gathering in homes for worship.
- Join a Bible reading plan on the Youversion Bible app.
- Invite those who don’t know Jesus to our online worship experience.
- Prepare for our restart by joining a ministry team.
- Join Christian Essentials 3 or Christian Essentials 4, both of which will be offered in July.
- Pray for the ministry of CrossWalk.
- Send your prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consider donating to our annual School Drive.
- Continue to support our ministry with your offerings.
We are in unprecedented times. I want to thank you for the patience you have shown and the encouragement you have given as we navigate the uncharted waters of these times. God is firmly in control and we look forward to seeing the blessing he has planned for our future.
God bless and keep you,